miércoles, 26 de octubre de 2011

This Beatles Story of Mine.

Truth be told there was always one thing i wanted to be more than a musician with his own thoughts and views when i was Little. When I was little I wanted to be a Beatle.  So the next best thing is to be a musician with his own thoughts and views when you´re young.
What you see is what you get: 4 pretty young guns blazing through the crowd with up-beat tempos and voices beyond anything else. You see them all having fun and you can´t wait to be older to join them.
And then truth attacks by words of those who were there the first time. John isn´t around and neither is George. What? Where have they gone? And the older guys explain that that was a long time ago, that John was killed and that George died of cancer. What?!?
As John once said…dream is over.
How could it be?
But it was…. and growing up while knowing that half your heroes aren´t around anymore make your chest hurt a lot. IT did mine; though I was always the silent type never letting anyone know that what really hurt me was that they were not around ´cause to me it was ridiculous that people I hadn´t met in real life would mean everything to me.  Kind of like God to a lot of folks.
So I threw away the tennis racket that was supposed to be my guitar and I threw away the mop that was supposed to be a wig, grew up, bought a real guitar and a piano and learned how to play a bit.
I had to grow up, I had to! So I learned a few tricks by myself and bought everything I could of them so I could feel that what I was doing was right, this is what I want to be, this is how to know their tricks, this is how to play…everything I could have I would have.  The search is never ending  and the products keep coming…what to do? What was I trying to prove to myself? Probably nothing. The warmth of a new release keeps me hoping they´re still together, they´re still playing somewhere, they´re still in the papers and the news…but I know it´s not true, hey, people can say i´m mad and probably I am but I want to keep on dreaming this is true, they still play, they still write together,  they´re still  good friends…
Yeah. Well. At least they still show the world they´re the best at what they do and no one can beat them at their own game. We all have tried, some with some more success than others but, let´s face it, they´re unbeatable. They should have called themselves The UnBeatles, get it?
One thing is for sure. Along  your way through life, you´ll hear from them. And they will probably rock your world or maybe not too much ,not quite so…but you´ll hear from them …rest assured. And then your ears won´t believe, you will not understand, you´ll ask who are they? And your life will change forever, one step at a time, with each and every original album.
The Beatles.  My life changing experience since I was a kid.
Roll over Beethoven ´cause here comes the sun and it carries 4 rays of light the world will never see again.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario